Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting Back

It's so good to have our household close to getting back to normal. Hubby is back home and Carter, hopefully, will be back to school tomorrow.

At least today I was prepared for it. I had plenty of work I brought home with me so it was actually a productive day. That tends to happen when the phone isn't ringing off the hook. Carter, on the other hand, is probably going to be a bit behind after missing 2 (hopefully that's all) days of school.

When he came in our room at 4:30 a.m. to tell me he still felt sick, my first thought was, "Why couldn't you at least wait for my alarm to go off?" Well, the first thing I thought was, "Oh no, poor baby." Yep, that's it. Then I had my selfish thought about needing more sleep!

So we had a day together while Daddy went off to work. Before he left, he made sure he gave it to me... and by "it" I mean his stinkin' cold that made his travel (even golfing) a bit miserable. What a sweetheart. At least I had no co-workers having to hear me blow my nose all day.

I still wanted to do something nice for hubby since I missed him -- plus I was home. So I put a turkey breast in the oven for supper and smelled it cooking for 2 hours. It smelled like a meal made of love -- until something started burning. Well I had it simmering in a bag with seasoning but the bag somehow leaked so I had a big bubbling black mess.

The turkey still tasted good, though. And the best part was he scrubbed the burnt pan clean for me and only once mentioned how he saved the day -- and the pan!

Oh it's good to be getting back to normal.

No comments: