Friday, January 21, 2011

A Cold Day in...

If today hadn't already been a pre-planned No School Day, I wonder if they would have had it anyway. It was bitterly cold and I am not sure it even got to zero or on the positive side of the mercury today. B-r-r. Just b-r-r-r!

Good thing we didn't have a whole lot going on. Hubby had to work so it was just a Carter and Momma day!

We did have to get our "chores" out of the way first. I got my "Saturday" dusting, vacuuming, etc. stuff done since we'll be gone tomorrow. Then I had to go get the oil changed, pick up some groceries and gas up the car. That part was painful.

The only part I was happy about was that no one said, "Cold enough for ya?" 'Cause I think I would have had to hit the first person who asked! Or at least flip them off (which isn't effective when one is wearing mittens anyway). Thankfully, people were too cold to try to be funny.

When I got home, I hit the treadmill awhile while Carter finished up some homework. Then it was couch time! We watched Shrek 4 then Marmaduke. At some point in there, Jim came home from work and then left again to go with friends to see another friend coach a girls basketball team near Madison. I'm glad he got to go because we wouldn't have been good company for him. There's one thing I know: Carter's laziness can match mine on a day off! We were in the relaxation zone and, combined with the need to stay warm, weren't going anywhere!

We did get up off our respective cushions to eat supper and play Scrabble. Now he's in bed, trying not to think about tomorrow's basketball tournament, and I am finally getting around to the one productive thing I had hoped to accomplish today -- downloading pictures off my digital camera and saving them on CDs. I'm pretty sure I was right in my estimation that this is an all-day project. Since I don't have all day, I will have to finish it Sunday.

The forecast looks like that will be another cold day to stay inside and do something (or nothing).

No comments: