Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

It is my fervent hope that this year Fat Tuesday will be followed by Slim Wednesday. But you know what they say about wishing... you can wish in one hand and put chocolate in the other -- and which is going to fill up first?

Or is that empty first?

I really could have gone all out for the "holiday" today and no one would have been the wiser. Hubby left for the airport at 3:30 a.m. Carter went to school at 7 a.m. And it was just me and one final tub of Peppermint ice cream. Tempting, yes. But since it wasn't my Schwan's brand Peppermint Stick ice cream, the temptation passed.

Due to an appointment first thing this morning, I opted to work at home so I wouldn't waste precious time on the commute. When I was eating my usual "10 o'clock banana," I thought, "Wait a minute, why am I eating healthy on Fat Tuesday?" But I didn't stray.

Honest.

I actually had hoped to get out for a walk. But it was snowing and I had too much work to do. That's a good thing. Bad for exercise, but good for snacking. I didn't get too far from the computer until Carter came home.

For our "fat" treat, we made smoothies with fruit and frozen yogurt. We both could really go for a Shamrock Shake, and that still is in the realm of possibility. We are going to town, after all. Our girls basketball team is ranked #2 in the state and we've got two important home games this week. So I'm going to go earn some beads!

Oh wait. I just re-read the memo and it says show your spirit.

My bad.

Go Royals!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. surgical instruments supply, O.T Lights.