Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day

When I think of Groundhog Day, I rarely think of the furry little critters who claim to know whether Spring will have an early arrival. Frankly, in Wisconsin -- where it happens to feel like
Spring today -- we know we can't count on it officially (as in no more snow for months) until Mother's Day.

Instead, I always think of that old movie Groundhog Day, where the main character keeps re-living February 2nd over and over and over again.

Today is one February 2nd I wouldn't want to live over again. Carter wouldn't either.

As predicted, in the middle of the night, Carter got up to empty the contents of his stomach. Poor kid. When we got up for work, he was no better, so I worked from home today so I could keep an eye on him. I wasn't feeling too hot myself so I don't know if I gave it to him after my flu on Sunday and now he gave it right back to me or what. As far as I know, we aren't supposed to give each other anything for Groundhog Day.

He did sleep until early afternoon so I was able to get plenty of work done. That was good. He felt better but quite weak so I just focused on getting him rehydrated and gradually getting food in him for energy. He's nibbled a bit here and there and is eating something now. He did miss his last regular season basketball game tonight. (I hear they won and did fine without him.) Hopefully he'll be OK in the morning since he's got his field trip to a water park tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a "field trip" too. I'm going scrapping in Stevens Point this weekend -- not staying overnight, just coming and going each day. I have Friday afternoon off and had planned to work from home in the a.m. However, since I didn't get in today I really have a few things at my desk I need to be there for to complete. So if Carter is OK tomorrow, I'll head to work then Point in the early afternoon.

So tonight I had to get my last few things packed up. I'm so glad I did most of that 10 days ago. It took less than an hour -- and that included looking up a few details on some blogs. So I'm set to go.

And crossing my fingers that when we wake up in the morning, it will be February 3rd.

No comments: