Saturday, February 11, 2012

Middle of the Pack

We hosted our 8th-grade basketball tournament today so that meant we parents set up last night and worked concessions and everything else all day. Sure the boys played hard in 4 games today, but we're just as beat... 16 hours later when we are finally home.

What a day. Tournament days are always long days but I forget how standing for long periods of time is not friendly to my legs and back. That was my teeny sacrifice, though. It was all worth it to pull off a successfully run tourney -- and come home with a ribbon!

After going 2-2 today -- including an awesome final game with a 20-point win -- we finished right in the middle of the pack, taking 3rd out of 5 teams. Because the last game was such a fun victory (it's always fun when you're winning by a bunch), the boys didn't mind at all. Third was fine. They were pumped to finish on a strong note.

And our boy was pumped he got to play a lot and sunk 2 free throws in the last few minutes. That was our excitement for the tournament, believe me. And, since the 8th-grade girls team had just completed a tourney in Marshfield and stopped by the school, he scored his points in front of a large, supportive, screaming audience. That definitely made it even sweeter, no doubt.

When it was all wrapped up, we had to clean up and put the school back in order -- then go out to eat. So technically, we could have been home 3 hours ago, but we had a good meal and socializing at The Ridges.

We're all wiped now and I bet Carter fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. I am not far behind. I'll have to download pictures tomorrow and see what we got. I think I managed to capture a few good ones.

I should hope so. I had ALL day.

No comments: