Monday, February 13, 2012

Square Two

You ever notice people always talk about Square One but they never mention Square Two? Do people go back to Square One and just stay there? I don't think so.

This year, I feel like I'm back at Square One for a lot things... driving, running, dieting, you name it. Today, for the first time, I feel like I just might be edging toward Square Two.

I drove us to work today. Hubby was silent so I could feel like I was doing it on my own, but I know the reason I was more confident is because he was right next to me. Oh, I kept my eyes on the road but out of the corner of my eye, I could see him. And that was good. (I let him drive home, though!)

At noon, I went over to the fitness center. I might regret this tomorrow, but I decided today is the day I am going to get back on the run again. I really haven't been able to run for 3 months now. No, my hip isn't all better, but I've lost patience and need to get going again. So it really is back at Square One. I have to alternate running and walking again. I need to take it slow to avoid further injury or setback. I just went 30 minutes on the treadmill and it felt good. Hello, endorphins! Long time no see!

Tonight, I took a major move into Square Two. I drove myself into town -- in the snow -- and went into Wal-Mart all by myself. Yes, this is the first time in 2012 I have done this. And I probably wouldn't have forced myself if tomorrow wasn't Valentine's Day! I had to get something for these wonderfully supportive men in the house. Chocolate works.

I was just relieved I could handle that with really no anxiety -- other than the typical feelings of angst a driver experiences in winter. So that was good. No. That was great.

It makes me wonder what Square Three feels like. I bet pretty darn good.

No comments: