Sunday, February 5, 2012

Game Plan

Much like the Giants and Patriots, I was prepped for this weekend with a specific game plan for success. And much like the new Superbowl champions, I executed it just enough to be successful.

I pretty much should draw the line right there comparing scrapbooking and football. I will add, though, that it can be physically demanding, grueling perhaps... mainly on the back. I was actually so tired last night that by the time I got home, I just went straight to the locker room (er, bed) and bypassed the post-game press conference (blog).

So in case you missed the boxscore, I completed 27 pages for the weekend -- 3 shy of finishing my 2011 album. I just couldn't accept that performance, so I went into overtime when I got home this afternoon and did those last pages. Game over. 2011 scrapbook done.

Just in time so I could relax and enjoy the commercials, er Superbowl. (It's the only time you take bathroom breaks during the game so you don't miss the commercials!)

Jim was at a party so Carter and I got to compare notes on all the commercials -- and football plays. We didn't really care who won but we can tell you we liked the Dorito's commercials and M&M's, among others, and enjoyed the halftime show... mainly because it was an '80s singer and I knew the songs.

Carter: "How long has Madonna been singing?"

Me: "Since I was a little bit older than you."

Carter: "Wow."

I don't know if the "wow" was for her talent (even if it was lip-synced today) or the fact that she must be really old if Mom was a young teen when she started singing!

Oh the fun of Game Day!

And football was pretty exciting, too.

No comments: