Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lucky #7

It took 7 weekends on the new calendar, but things are finally turning around!

To begin with, it's our first weekend of the year that we haven't had anything going on -- no hoops tournaments, no travel plans, no time in the sick ward, no nuthin'.

This is nice. We slept in 'til 8 and started the day off with a blueberry Butter Braid. There's almost no better way to start a Saturday!

I got my "chores" done and really could have done a massive Spring Cleaning today. It was sunny and bright and seemed like it should have been 50 degrees out. I was ready to open all the windows and get busy. But then I saw on the Weather Channel it was only 29 degrees. That deceiving sunshine!

That didn't stop me from venturing outside. I got my running gear on and went for a 3-mile run/walk. I'm still easing into it with some walking, but that's the longest I have gone in 2012 and, thanks to my foam roller, my hip felt fine. As an added treat, my neighbor and I just happened to meet up at the corner --she was running with her dog -- so we got to run the last half mile together. And visit, of course. That was nice.

Feeling positive about things, I ventured into town on my own, shopped at Wal-Mart on my own, gassed up and got our Powerball tickets set on my own. I know it feels like forever and a day since I have been able to just do these simple tasks on my own, but it's only been 7 weeks. That's not forever. And soon it will just be some memory of the worst start to a year. Ever.

Then I'll have to scrapbook about it!!

But first things first. I am possibly going to Camp Crop-A-Lot next weekend. I think this would be my 9th year so I hate to miss it. Since I am caught up on my chronological family albums, my plan is to work on Carter's Middle School scrapbook -- starting with 7th grade and getting what I can done for 8th grade. I have most of that stuff set aside but I spent tonight tracking down pictures that I had uploaded but never printed.

So tomorrow I'll be picking up some fall of 2010 soccer pictures, etc., from Walgreens and getting items organized in my scrap cave. The way it looks, Middle School pages will be enough to keep me busy for camp. Camp runs next Friday to Monday, but I will likely drive down to Nekoosa on Saturday for Carter's last basketball tournament if I can swing that.

Yes, another busy, overbooked weekend on the horizon. That's why we feel lucky this 7th one is wide open.

Did I mention it's 3 days, too?

I hope this luck runs over into the Powerball!

No comments: