Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Let's Try This Again

I was almost shocked today to realize that January has come and gone already. With all the sickness and drama and such, I honest to God have lost a month. So I flipped the calendar page and thought, OK 2012, I'm giving you one more chance... Can we please start my Happy New Year now??

It doesn't hurt to ask.

It does seem like we could be on the right path. Finally.

Although I have had a few uncomfortably warm moments in overstuffed classrooms and gymnasiums recently, for the most part, I am getting better. Thanks to my witch doctor, my anxiety levels when driving and shopping and just plain old "existing" are getting lower by the day.

I even returned to the fitness center this week so I could ease back into my former life as a person who could exercise enough to produce those happy sought-after endorphins. As anxious as I am, I am not going to go overboard and overdo anything and risk injury. We'll just take it one day at a time. Like everything else.

I'd love to report that we as a household are finally ready to take on 2012, albeit a month late. But we're not quite there yet.

As I type, Carter is laying in bed with a wicked stomachache we hope goes away so he can get his homework done tonight, go to school tomorrow and enjoy a field trip to a water park on Friday.

But like I said, one day at a time. Or one hour if we have to.

We will get to you yet, 2012. We will!

No comments: