Sunday, February 26, 2012

Goal Tender

I'm proud to say I accomplished my goal for the weekend! I have Internet access!

Well, that's the first goal. I had to stand outside on top of a hill to get it. Now I am freezing so I better blog fast... about the real goal I accomplished.

Just finished Carter's 7th-grade pages for his Middle School album. That was really all I wanted to get done for sure, knowing I'd lose a large chunk of my Saturday going to Carter's basketball tournament. And 31 pages later, it's time to move onto 8th grade!

My break yesterday was well worth it, though. Got to see our first two games of the day. First one we lost by 7 and the next one we won in double-overtime! I know -- what are the chances of two double-OT games in the same week? After that I went back to camp with a detour stop at home to pick up an adult-size sleeping bag. Was in a "cocoon" Friday night sleeping in Carter's bag. Whoops. (We ended up winning our last game by one point in OT to take 5th in the tourney.)

Got back to camp in the late afternoon and scrapped until 1 a.m. Today's first order of business was a 1-hour full-body massage. You're right. Other than the sleeping bag, this isn't your ordinary camp!

The massage gave me a late start to productivity, but I got into a groove. The fun part of scrapping in a group is stealing ideas (scrap-lifting) from others and feeling proud when you can inspire others a time or two. Can't wait to show Carter his book!

I am staying one more night so I will at least get a start on last fall's school fun. Might as well. It's not like this spotty Internet will let me keep tabs on the Oscars or as Carter pointed out, the NBA All-Star game.

Besides I gotta get inside and warm up. My period of roughing it at camp is over!

No comments: