Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Got the Music in Me...

There's only one kind of scale a fluffy girl like me appreciates.

A musical scale.

I love music. I can sing -- when no one's listening. And I can dance -- like nobody's watching. I am 100% typical girl when it comes to liking TV shows like Glee and just about any Broadway musical.

Although we are not a cultural Mecca, we are fortunate in central Wisconsin that Broadway tours its shows through Appleton (70 minutes away), Madison (90 minutes away) and Minneapolis (a 3-hour hike that is always worth it).

This "season" has been a good one at the Appleton Performing Arts Center. My friend Christine and I saw Les Miserables in November, will see Mary Poppins a month from today and, with fresh tickets in hand, we will now see West Side Story on April 24! What an exciting lineup of fun!

But wait, there's more...

I am also counting down 82 days 'til my twin sister and I see Mamma Mia! in Minneapolis! That will be exciting for 3 reasons: 1) We both love that musical (and know every word of it!). 2) I think this will be Raylene's first Broadway show. And 3) I will get to spend a whole day with my true other half! Can't wait.

With all the blues (sans rhythm) I've been experiencing in 2012, I'm glad I have these uplifting performances to look forward to! It does put a spring in my step.

Plus I know that in between all these big shows there's at least one middle school band concert on the horizon, and there's always Glee on Tuesdays (starting in 9 minutes).

I better go warm up!

No comments: