Thursday, August 2, 2012

Balancing Act

As I watch the women's gymnastics All-Around Competition, I can't help but admire how they keep their balance and their amazing flexibility.

Some days I feel like I am walking that 4-inch beam and struggling for balance, sometimes flailing my arms as I fight to stay on top and keep it under control. It's not always easy. But I'm thankful I don't have to squeeze into a sparkly leotard to try.

I'm also grateful that like these girls, I have a support network. Not necessarily waving flags and cheering, but encouraging me nonetheless.

We could learn a lesson from these pint-sized fighters.

In life, just like in their competition, it's important to stick to your goals. Stay determined. Be flexible (even if it hurts). And when you fall, get back up and start over.

And just be glad there aren't millions of people watching your every move.

We're probably all our own worst judges anyway, aren't we?

No comments: