Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Boys of Summer

Since today was one of Carter's last days in Iola for the summer, I decided to treat him to dinner down at The Harbor Bar & Grill on the Waupaca Chain O'Lakes.

We invited a couple of the guys from work who Carter thinks are pretty cool. We hadn't even left work when I got a text from hubby that he was already in Chicago (coming back from Indy) and would be home before 7 p.m. Uh-oh. Busted.

I knew he didn't have his keys with so I suggested his co-worker/driver swing through Waupaca and drop Jim off at The Harbor. Jim declined and had his sister (who had a spare key) stop by the house and unlock it.

Uhm, feeling a bit guilty at that point but didn't want to let Carter down, of course.

So we had our dinner on the deck overlooking the water. Me and the 4 boys of summer. Yes, 4... One of the guys had his 3-year-old son with and he wanted nothing to do with sitting down -- just wanted to feed the fish. So it was a little bit more chaotic of a sendoff for Carter, but he still had a good time.

For the record, I had no room for ice cream after supper but Carter got a scoop of Malt-imore. It looked good but I just didn't have the room. Plus, I actually got out for a 3-mile run/walk at lunch so I didn't want to erase all my efforts.

I'm sure the buffalo chicken strips and fries already did that.

But that's summer!

No comments: