Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just Pooh-fect

I've had a Winnie the Pooh song in my head all day. If you ever saw Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, you would have heard of it...  

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down...

And why is that song in my head? Well the rain, rain, rain finally did come down, down, down!

I woke up a bit disoriented this morning. It was kind of dark still and I thought my clock was wrong. But then I heard this strange sound I haven't heard in weeks, maybe months. Rain drops. What a sweet, sweet sound! I think our dead, brown grass was probably crying with joy!

On the way to work, it just kept pouring. Then all day, I watched out my window and saw the rain bouncing off the leaves of the big plants outside in the courtyard. I don't care who you are or what outdoor plans you had today, chances are, you didn't complain about getting wet or postponing your activity. This rain was sooooo needed.

Carter even had to do his cross country run in the rain. I think it was sporadically sprinkling at that point, so he was fine. Wet, but fine. I waited until this evening for my run. The rain had stopped and, unfortunately, it may be done again for several days.

That's OK. We'll take what we can get. The bonus is that this is followed by good "sleeping weather" temps tonight -- in the low 50s.

Just Pooh-fect!

No comments: