Friday, August 17, 2012

Extra Crispy


If we didn't know any better, we'd suspect today was a nice Friday in September. We are not in our typical hot August weather at all. Very cool nights (in the high 40s/low 50s) and crisp, cool days.

Carter had 2 cross country practices today and I told him this is the perfect running weather. Not too hot, humid, wet or windy. Well, almost perfect. Even 10 degrees cooler would make it more ideal (for me anyway), but we'll take this extra crisp August weather any time.

To really make it seem like fall, we watched part of the high school football scrimmage while Carter was at his afternoon practice. I saw a bunch of other moms from Carter's class and it seemed like we just saw them in spring. Summer flew by for all of us.

After practice, we drove out to Anchor Bay to meet the in-laws (hubby's parents and sister and family) for supper. It was almost too cool to sit outside for supper so we ate inside. Still a pretty view of boaters on the Wisconsin River, though, just proving that summer is still here.

When we got home, I made sure the blanket was turned on right away. I just needed to warm up!

So Jim built a fire in the backyard and I gradually thawed.


Seems weird that for most of the summer it was too hot and too dry to have a fire and suddenly we want one for warmth. We had some leftover Christmas lights on the fire so I snapped a few photos of the color changes.


Now it's off to my nice, warm bed! Remind me of this next week when August inevitably will return.

No comments: