Friday, August 24, 2012

TGIF (Thank God In Friendships)

This day was so long -- but when it comes to Fridays, that's a good thing!

Hubby and I went to work while Carter had practice this morning. We are almost to the end of our "summer hours." Will miss the 3 p.m. Friday dismissals after Labor Day!

When we got home, I headed over to my friend Becky's to scrapbook for the afternoon/evening while the guys took in Assumption's first home football game of the season. We lost 38-0 to the defending state champion team from Greenwood. I assumed the guys had fun anyway. I know I did!

It was great to see Becky and our friend Tammy, too. I think the 3 of us spent just as much time talking as scrapping, but I got some pages done in Carter's middle school book. I better get cruising on that before he starts high school. (Yeah right.)

After the game was done, I wrapped up my scrapping and met the guys over at our neighbors' for a non-bonfire party. We had to change plans due to a burning ban, but we still got together in the backyard -- guys on the deck, "girls" inside around the kitchen table. It was great to gab and catch up.

Then suddenly it's 1 a.m. and we need to get home so Carter and Mom can get sleep before our 5K race. Whoops. Not good planning. That's OK. It's a non-timed fundraising run so we can just walk it. Considering we are leaving the house in 8 hours, that's MY plan anyway!

It was worth it to see friends and kick back and relax before the real hustle and bustle of the school year is upon us. Then we'll all be setting new pace records!

No comments: