Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Make Believe

When life hands you a challenging Monday, the best thing to do is look at your calendar for something positive to look forward to. Then you can make believe it's a wonderful day -- or at least tolerable since it can't last forever, just 24 hours.

I was surprised to see that today is already Aug. 27. This means our annual sister adventure -- Wild Women's Weekend XIV -- is only a month away! Awesome. Can't wait to spend a long weekend with my sisters in the northwoods -- where we can hug like bears and howl like wolves and no one will be around to judge us. Ha.

The cool part is that before I even get to that weekend, I have so much going on in the next 30 days.

I only have to count down 3 days now until I take 3 of my sisters to their first Packer game at Lambeau Field. Oh yes, I am such a nice sister! And Renell, Romey and Raylene certainly deserve me. I mean deserve it!

Then in just over 3 weeks, I get to take off with my favorite Vikings fan and spend a week in Vermont and upstate New York, with a brief side trip into Canada. I can't wait for our second honeymoon! Jim doesn't know I'm calling it that, but he'll figure it out!

Of course, somewhere in there we (well, Carter) have 5 cross country meets. That's exciting, too. I look forward to seeing Carter's progress (hopefully) and how he adapts to different courses and different-sized meets. Tomorrow, for example, I think there will be a dozen schools participating. Uff da. Should be a crazy time.

And let's not forget someone will be starting high school in just 36 hours. Yikes. I'm pretty sure I'm not looking forward to that countdown.

I am, however, looking forward to next weekend (which is allowable on crappy Mondays) -- because it will be long and we get to do our Austin Fantasy Football draft with team owners Jim, Casey, Clay, Carter and Colin... oh, and me, the token butt kicker ... er, girl.

Good thing I looked at my calendar. Who cares if Monday sucks? From here on out, it looks good!

No comments: