Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hydration Help

I woke last night to the sound of thunder... Oh wait, that sounds like a Bob Seger song. But I did wake to the sound of thunder and rain, wonderful, rain.

On our commute to work this morning, it rained so hard, it was hard to see the road sometimes. But we didn't care. When we got to work, hubby dropped me off at the door since I didn't have that umbrella I  last used for protection from the sun. Today, I wouldn't have cared if I had wet, flat hair. It was so good to see so much rain.

Finally!

The other day I actually forced Carter to mow the front yard. Not that there was any grass, but there were tall weeds sporadically shooting up and we looked like we lived in the ghetto. So I get things set for him and make sure there's enough gas. You know it's been a dry summer when there are cobwebs on the mower and the gas can. Seriously!

I just hope the rains we had today help the regular grass grow again. The skies had cleared by midday and I'm not sure if there is any more moisture coming our way, but even a little hydration helps.

Something Carter is learning in his running routines, too. Drought not good. Too much water not good. Hydration in moderation is the best.

Of course, what does hydration matter when the neighbor takes him out for lunch at the Chatter Box Cafe and our unthinking boy downs 2 pancakes, 2 eggs over easy, 2 sausage links and a piece of apple pie with ice cream for dessert. All this less than 4 hours before practice today. I guess we should start with food consumption in moderation first!

And pray hydration keeps coming as we need it.

No comments: