Sunday, August 19, 2012

Honey Do Lists

Carter stayed overnight at his friend's house in Amherst so Hubby and I had the house to ourselves for 30 hours this weekend. Ooh-la-la!

If these walls could talk... they'd say we both spent time on our "Honey Do" lists, trying to make it a productive weekend! Sorry to disappoint. While we did enjoy a nice meal -- I made quesadillas and I count that as "home cooking" -- and watched a movie on TV last evening, today we had work to do.

Hubby concentrated on our fall trip itinerary and I continued post-flooding organization work in the basement. We both got pretty far on our projects. But then, realizing it was sooooo nice out, Jim went golfing with the next-door neighbor and I sat out on the deck for a bit. (The rewards of hard work, you know.)

At 6 p.m., I headed to Stevens Point to meet up with Carter and company. I told his friend's parents we could just meet in the Target parking lot so Carter and I could do a little back-to-school clothes shopping.

Now that Carter is in high school, his dress code changes slightly. In the past, the boys could wear polos and solid-colored knee-length shorts (like cargo shorts or Bermudas). He was excited to learn that Assumption high-schoolers can wear plaid or striped shorts. They don't have to be plain. Since I had a $25 Target gift card, I said he could pick out a few pair on sale.

He figured he has a 28-inch waist and quickly grabbed 5 different pair. Since one was from a different brand, I said he should try on one pair from each brand. He did and put the different one back and said the other 4 were good. Went up and checked out. That's the great thing about clothes shopping with a boy -- in and out of Target in 12 minutes. Done!

Now we just need some khaki pants for the late fall and winter. But we're holding out in case he grows some more. (Wishful thinking.) We also have a few notebooks and folders to buy but we'll wait until his orientation meeting this week in case there's something special he needs. For sure we are finally done with crayons, markers and colored pencils!

But something tells me that just like our "Honey Do" lists, that back-to-school one isn't as close to done as we think either!

No comments: