Saturday, August 4, 2012

In a Bind

This weekend, we've had the opportunity to help out two friends in a bind, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

Thursday night, Carter's friend Harry's mom called and said their plans to have Harry stay with someone while they were out of town fell through so could we maybe take him? No problem, I said. That worked out great since the boys hadn't seen each other all summer.

Then this morning, my friend Becky texted me that her 3 kids were unexpectedly home alone all day and evening and wondered if I could do anything with them to either entertain them or feed them. No problem, I said. Her daughter is a year older than Carter, her oldest son is 2 years younger than Carter and the "baby" is 5.

We made plans and it worked out that I took Harry to meet up with his mom at 4 over in Plover. Then Carter and I stopped home so he could shower and change -- then headed over to Becky's house. The kids got a ride with a friend to go to the Rafters baseball game in town and I got to babysit Garrick. (Hubby warned me before I left that I better not come home wanting another one!)

Well, the little guy is adorable and I had a blast with him. I forget that at that age they need to be doing something all the time. So we'd go from one game or activity to the next and the next and the next. I really could have used some energy! But it was a great time and he was a really good boy. (No, I don't want another one, but I sure miss my own baby at that age!)

The older "kids" got back just as I was watching Michael Phelps swim his last race. Ever. That was cool. Not sure what other highlights I missed today. I'm just glad it was an "open" day so we could be there for our friends. It worked out for Carter, too. He had fun with his summer buddy and had a great time at the game. I thought it was because the Rafters won but it might have something to do with getting some girl's phone number.

Yikes. Who's gonna help us out of this bind?

No comments: