Friday, August 31, 2012

No-So-Frozen Tundra

As luck would have it, the Internet was out at the hotel last night so I couldn't blog after the Lambeau Field excursion. Didn't want you to worry that maybe I was tarred and feathered for not being a Packer fan. I survived and, in fact, had a great time! I tried to document this all for the benefit of my sisters, the Green & Golden Girls!

So here goes a ton of pictures... like you were there with us!

Arriving in style? The Up North sisters met me in Shawano Thursday afternoon and from there we rode together to Lambeau.

We're here!

Reserved parking is awesome! Close to the stadium and right in the heart of tailgating land!
By Lombardi statue.... Romey is a "trophy" wife!
Renell with her Game Day program...

Raylene with hers...
Romey with hers...
And me with... another Vikings fan! Heck yeah! My sisters were seriously worried I would dress like that. I went with neutral black -- much to their relief!
Pregame fun in the Tundra Tailgate Zone. Renell doesn't bleed green and gold, but her hair does!
How do you like me now?
Oh no, I'm touching a Packer! Oh yes, I make an exception for the cute ones... And Chris Jacke has aged to perfection! (Like how the wind is blowing my hair like it's a photo shoot??)
The twins!
The almost twins!
Pregame nonsense!
The sign says: "She's a Viking fan but we still love her 'cause she got us in for free!"... Well we didn't make the JumboTron with our poster but we had fun with it.
Time to go in!
The Green & Golden girls! We got Club Seats so we each got our own seat and cupholder versus having to squeeze in on a bleacher bench... which would not have been fun on such a warm day.
Dream come true for Nell!
Aaron Rodgers greeting a young fan!
Not-so-frozen Tundra! Game time temp: 92 degrees. Uff da!

"Go Pack, Go!"
Flyover during National Anthem.
Some game action.
Not a problem.
Temporary tattoos... For NOW!
Wow. And 4 of those are Hedberg girls!
Bucket List!
Bucket List!
Game over, Packers win. Ironically, at home, hubby won both the half and final for our office Packer pool! Good game.

That's all, Folks! We went back to the hotel in Shawano, slept, enjoyed breakfast at Perkins together then I drove from there right to Iola for work. Those 3 hopefully took their time and had a great ride home, reliving their football fun!

1 comment:

Writer Rahn said...

Now this is a spectacular account of what clearly was a history-making trip for the Hedberg girls! Love all the photos, and am expecting the Chris Jacke and Robyn (Just call me Farrah with my hair) Austin photo will be framed and on your desk in no time.
Glad you all had so much fun.