Friday, August 10, 2012

Purple Pride

A month or so ago when the temps were hovering around 100, we figured we'd never get to use our birthday gifts from hubby's sister and family. I mean, honestly, would there come a time before fall when we'd need to don a cozy purple #44 Colin Reffner Racing sweatshirt? Certainly not.

Until tonight, that is.

Weird switch in weather this week. It was actually cool yesterday and today. No rain today so Carter got to do his "open run" with some cross country girls (he's the only dedicated boy so far) while I ran (drove) errands in town.

Got home in time to put on the purple and go to Golden Sands Speedway for the races. Why yes, my finger nails and toe nails were also purple! You know I love that color. That and orange -- and Colin's car has both!

Glad we grabbed the sweatshirts because it got windy and cool and the races went long. Lots of wrecks and cars off the track.

Colin ended up qualifying 5th out of 27 in the time trials. Nice. Then, before his feature race even started, someone bumped into him from behind and sent him into the rear of the car in front of him. What the heck? So his hood was a bit scrunched up, but he was still able to race. He ended up finishing 6th and the car is quite fixable before the next race weekend.

By then it may be 100 degrees again, but for tonight, it was fun to show my purple pride in our spiffy new sweatshirts. That kept me just warm enough (and the hot chocolate helped) until I got home and could turn on my electric mattress pad.

Not kidding. I wasn't even jealous Carter had an ice cream cone at the races. Now you know I'm serious.

No comments: