Sunday, August 5, 2012

Seasonal Sunday

The weather was so NORMAL today that it almost felt, dare I say, chilly?

Seriously, we had our annual outdoor church service at the park in town and it was only in the mid-60s by mid morning. After months of the "I can't believe I'm sweating at 10 a.m." type weather, it was like someone turned the A/C up.

But we didn't complain. We turned off the air and cranked open all the windows in the house! We really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for what we had planned.

Hubby hit the road at 9:30 a.m. to spend now through Tuesday in Indianapolis. He and a co-worker are driving down. I know, great for his back, right? Yup, he's still suffering but he packed some ice packs that he can use during the commute. Hope that helps a little.

Carter and I went to church, led by a husband-wife musical team called River's Voices from Strawberry Point, Iowa. They did a super job and it was such a delight listening to them. Great voices and inspiring original songs, too.

After the service, we had a picnic lunch (since we were at the park already) with good food, friends and raffles... which we did NOT win.

When we had our fill, we headed home with one very important stop on the way home: the Corvettes of the North Car Show. We figured we'd drool over a few vehicles and I could take some pictures for work, too.

So many 'Vettes, so many to choose from...

Easy picking for me. I love me a Stingray any day. Yummy yellow is fine, too!! Dear Santa, I've been very good this year...

You'd think Carter would love this car. Well, he does, BUT...

... This is the car that caught his eye. Carter insists this '67 AMC Ambassador will be his "first driver" in 2 years. The owner was only asking $4,000 or best offer! Carter's going to have to start a second job!!








Look at this little cutie! I mean the car, not me. What am I pointing to?

It's our family car! Not only is it an Austin, but this model was made in 1963... like MY Austin!
The "end"!


After the car show we came home, relaxed on the deck a bit (had to take advantage of the beautiful weather), ate supper and went for a run. I proofed some pages for work and now I'm going to see if I can catch a little Olympic action and console kitty. She misses Daddy already.

But loves these open windows even more!

No comments: