Thursday, September 13, 2012

Coming Together Nicely

I figured I better blog quick since this may be the only time this football season I can say the Vikings have a better record than the Packers! Tonight's showdown between the Pack and da Bears might already be under way. I won't have time to watch it, so I'll assume I can still keep an ounce of Purple Pride in me for a few hours yet.

Not much to report anyway. Just that our New England vacation plans are coming together nicely.

New England? Yes, we have officially expanded our scope.

Now we'll be in Vermont and Canada the first few days, then boogie down to Boston(only 3 hours away) to catch a Red Sox game at the famous Fenway Park, then head up to New York, through Vermont and the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, then cross the ferry back over to Vermont and the airport.

Somewhere in there I'll get to meet some really neat people, find some dead people (well, tombstones in our family tree research) and see some really pretty sights. Hope the weather holds but really, even if it's cold and rainy, we'll be able to do everything we planned. I just won't get a thousand pictures. Maybe I'll be reduced to 800.

Maybe we should do some side bets on just how many I will take. Ha.

After these unexpected Boston plans fell into place today, both hubby and I had a hard time concentrating on work. Now we just want to GO!

Lots going on between now and our departure, though. We've got football/pep band tomorrow, cross country Saturday and packing/planning on Sunday. Then work our butts off 2 days so we can leave guilt-free.

Mostly guilt-free. I still hate to miss Carter's first homecoming dinner/dance, but I am really looking forward to our weekend in New England (as Barry Manilow would say!).

Yup, it's all coming together nicely.

No comments: