Sunday, September 16, 2012

Prep Work

My mission today was to get a lot of our prep work out of the way for the next 10 days. I can almost say "mission accomplished." We're getting close.

I started out behind schedule -- not because I went to church or anything important, but because I spent 12 hours in bed! Not kidding. I was so physically exhausted when I went to bed last night. I think way too many early mornings, late nights, work, stress and running around. I guess it caught up with me.

After I woke up enough, I went for a 3-mile run to get that out of the way. Then hubby brought up the suitcase and I started making piles of clothes and other "stuff" (like our passports!) to take on our trip. I have it easy since Jim is the one who planned everything and has to organize his family tree materials, determining what he must bring along.

After a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get some necessities -- red licorice and an extra memory card for the camera -- I stole a few minutes of sunshine out on the deck. Didn't stay out too long. Wanted to see the Vikings' great almost-comeback. Dang. We should have had that game!

Later, we got into some live football action. This is Homecoming Week at Assumption, so this evening was the Powder Puff game between the Junior and Senior girls. We stood on the Juniors' side since my "adopted daughter" was the QB. She did outstanding, of course, and the Juniors won 12-6.

Carter worked the "chain gang" the first half, then hung around the girls and other friends, I think, for the second half.

Got home in time to get some of my Wild Women's Weekend "prep work" done, too. This is good. I even had to get some help from Carter and he didn't mind at all. Now I have one more thing to do for that top secret stuff, and I'll be pretty set for that.

The only sad thing is that you do all this prep work and really, once you get home after all is said and done, you are no further ahead. But if it prevents me/us from forgetting something, it's well worth it.

Time to make another list...

No comments: