Saturday, September 29, 2012

Non-Scents

Maybe it's my years of living in a paper mill town, but something has gone wrong with my sniffer. And I am especially thankful for that. Today anyway.

We normally have a policy on sister weekend that no outsiders are allowed. And we mean "outsider" in the kindest, gentlest way. Now I know why we have that unofficial policy. Last night while we were all tucked in our beds, Pepe Lepew showed up and crashed our party, raising quite a stink.

For some of the sisters to smell anyway.

I don't know how I slept through it but a few sisters got up at 5 a.m. because the smell was so bad they thought the culprit had sneaked into the house. How did I sleep through that?

I still couldn't smell anything until I later opened the front door. Then closed it quickly. We were worried we were going to be cabin-bound all day but the wind took the odor away by late morning and we were able to enjoy another gorgeous day of walking, relaxing in the sun and yes, even canoeing.

Had a nice time bonding, talking, playing and laughing. And thankfully, not smelling anything!

No comments: