Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Murphy's Stinkin' Law

I now realize Murphy's Law applies to vacation planning, too!

So we dropped our Civic off for an oil change this morning since we knew we'd be driving it to the airport in Madison in the morning, plus I'd be taking it up north for sister weekend. About mid-morning, the garage calls Jim at work and tells him we need new brakes and more.

There goes our "hotel budget" for the trip! I sure hope our rental car in Vermont can sleep 2 comfortably!

Oh well, I guess we'd rather know now then after the vacation was over then fret about having spent too much. Now we'll still spend too much but know we'll be paying for it one way or another! Ha. Seriously, our plans aren't changing.

Tonight we are going over our list of lists and making sure everything is packed up. We were interrupted for awhile getting all of Carter's stuff packed and over to Grandpa and Grandma Austin's. Sure enough, we get there and realize Carter left his dress shirt and tie for Homecoming back in his room. So there will be some extra running around while we're gone.

The important things left are closing the suitcase, running the dishwasher and remembering to take out the garbage! We're leaving the house at 6 a.m. sharp so I better go.

So long for awhile, maybe. No idea what sort of Internet connection we'll have in the mountains, etc. Oooh, just typing that gets me excited. I've never seen mountains except from a plane!

I better sleep fast so we can get this vacation started!

No comments: