Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

While we didn't have to report to the office for work today, we did our share of labor. Nothing overwhelming, mind you, just putzy little projects.

Hubby was working on the back deck, cleaning it in preparation for some maintenance and painting. Normally, I would have been mad that he commandeered my tanning space, but the sun wasn't shining enough to bother. Rain threatened all day, but might not arrive 'til tonight.

So I got a little run in and noticed the neighbor's sunflowers in bloom. I always say I'm going to take pictures and I forget. I took several today because the bees were definitely laboring. However, the sunflower seeds are a few weeks away from appearing. So you'll get some early-stage sunflower photos with some busy bees in a few shots. But first the rest of the exciting day...

Not really. I made some Rice Krispie bars with my own recipe. (Totally domestic, I know.) Did you know they have Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal? It looks like Kix but tastes way better. Anyway, instead of using all Rice Krispie cereal, I did like 4 cups of that and mixed in 2 cups of the Reese's cereal. Then I melted some chocolate-peanut butter chips and spread that on top. Um, yeah, it's good stuff.

After the hard work in the kitchen, I went grocery shopping, visited my friend Christine, who is recovering from knee surgery and another birthday (poor girl), then came home and grilled out supper so it would seem like a real Labor Day.

At some point, I asked Carter about homework. I'm not in that habit yet. Apparently, neither is he. He got done what he remembered to bring home but forgot his English in his locker. Good thing he has a study hall first hour. This is not a good way to start the school year. And he's been told that.

I think he got distracted trying to decorate his "man cave" in the basement. He found a flashing red light at a garage sale and now he's on this light kick. He's making the TV/video game/exercise room a funky place. We'll probably never see him on the main floor again. Oh wait, he does tend to eat!

That reminds me, I better go have another Krispie treat before those are gone!

Enjoy the photos...











No comments: