Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Like Mondays that Start on Tuesday

It's the day after Labor Day so you know what that means.... I need to keep my whites in the closet, start working on my bikini body for next summer... and get up on the second, rather than third, snooze so we don't get stuck behind the school bus!

That was my first mistake today. Now that it's just a bit darker in the morning, it's just a bit harder to get up so early. Or am I the only one having this problem?

Since Carter has been in school since Wednesday, I sort of forgot about the first day of public school today and our 6:47 a.m. bus stop. If we are out the door before 6:45, we beat it. Otherwise, I best keep my mouth shut on the ride to work!

I liked work today. Coming in on your "Monday" to realize it's Tuesday is always a bonus... if your Monday work is done. I did pretty well in the productivity department knowing tonight would be full.

Carter had cross-country practice after school -- in the 90-degree heat -- then he had to play in Pep Band for the varsity volleyball game. I gladly went to the match to watch the girls try to beat Wausau Newman at some sport. Didn't happen though. The band, however, sounded good for their first outing of the school year. Ha.

While we were inside, it stormed quick and fierce. Thunder, lightning, wind and hard rain. Was planning to get to the car wash and there is no need now. Yay. As a bonus, there is a nice clean breeze drifting through the house. Should be super sleeping whether.

Just gotta remember to get up on the second snooze!! G'nite!

No comments: