Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wild Weekend

Any weekend that starts on a Thursday is good. A weekend that starts on a Thursday with your 6 sisters is even better.

We all made it safely to our destination outside of Birchwood, Wis. Trust me, you couldn't find it... and frankly, I don't think I could give directions!

We all enjoyed our drives from our various points of the globe, well Wisconsin and Minnesota. The fall colors are at near peak so it was just glorious to drive and look at all the shades of autumn. Then arriving at this log cabin home was a sweet surprise.

It is a gorgeous home on a river with so much space it easily sleeps 7 of us and has some bonuses like a game room with a pool table, a screened-in gazebo-like porch and about 60 acres to walk around -- if one is not afraid of the bear spotted yesterday. Yikes.

I got here in the early afternoon so was able to relax in the sunshine a bit with 3 of my sisters who also arrived early. It was nice to explore -- in a group. Is it safe to go alone? I don't know.

Not sure I want a bear to be putting the "wild" in our Wild Women's Weekend!

No comments: