Wednesday, September 26, 2012

In Betweener

Happy Hump Day! This is the hump in the middle of my 12 days out of the office. Sort of the middle. Got one vacation down, worked from the home office today and will start vacation No. 2 tomorrow!

This was the in-betweener day.

First, I'm glad I checked and deleted and kept up with work emails while on vacation. I didn't respond to any, just kept them in order and got rid of the spam. That was wise. It made today go quickly and productively.

I got everything done I had to and some I merely hoped to. All this while fielding dozens of emails from my sisters who are also working today but, like me, are distracted thinking of last-minute lists and plans for our 14th annual weekend together.

After 7 days of vacation, I think I've got the gist of how to pack. Like our other trip, no one is going to care if I end up wearing the same jeans or shorts (I hope) twice. I don't need to pack so much extra, right?

Right now I have all the "extras" and "surprises" packed and ready to go. I just have clothes left and need to double check the weekend forecast in the morning. It looks like low 70s so I can pack a hoodie a day -- that's the advantage of driving by myself. I can fill the whole car. And sometimes I do.

After supper tonight, I also took time to get a little baking done. We can never have too many treats on Wild Women's Weekend. Actually, we can have too many. It's just hard not to eat them all!

I also swung by the gas station tonight to get our Powerball tickets. Jackpot is super duper big. I'd really like a piece of that so hubby and I can fly back out to New England in a week or so and enjoy the fall colors this time!

Something tells me I will not be disappointed in what Wisconsin has to offer this weekend. Colorful trees and colorful personalities. Doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: