Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fallin' Back


When I created this cartoon, I had the intention of doing just that with the overrated extra hour we get tonight as we "fall back" the clocks one hour during our transition to Daylight Savings.

I was looking for this extra hour all day and never managed to cross paths with it.

Part of it, I suppose, was that I stayed in bed until after 9 a.m. Hey it was a late night. Then I really eased into Saturday chores (wow, on a Saturday even) and got in a walk. Carter spent most of his day at the State Cross Country meet, conveniently located just 5 minutes away from home.

Since he was unavailable to work in the German Club booth at a church arts and crafts fair in Nekoosa, I drove down there to take his place. Since they had an adult and enough kids on hand for Carter's shift, I ended up not having to help much more than a half hour.

After that, it was a stop at Wal-Mart to pick up beverages for our cross country banquet tomorrow night, then home to get ready for another date night. This one wasn't quite as intimate as last night's. And by "intimate" I mean small and cozy in numbers. There were 11 of us in all.

We ate at the Branding Iron Supper Club and I am still stuffed from the yummy stuffed shrimp I ate. All the food was good and the company was GREAT! Had a really nice time there and at our followup "session" at the bowling alley in town.

The cool thing is that we got home in plenty of time to set the clocks back before turning in -- And, perhasps finally getting to that Book!

No comments: