Friday, November 8, 2013

Story Time


Taking some advice, I decided to make a trip to the library and check out an "audio book" to listen to on my lonely commute.

I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I mean, would it help the 45 miles go faster or would the book serve as a worse distraction than a cell phone?

Playing it safe (I hope), I opted for a "light" book of the Nicholas Sparks variety so I would potentially enjoy the story but not have to concentrate too hard on it.

My mistake is that I waited too late in the week to get this process started.

Yes, it did help the drive go quickly (without speeding) and was more entertaining than flipping through stations on the radio, looking for a good song. But, now I get home on Friday and am just starting disc 4 of 10... And I am into the book.

And I cannot wait until Monday to continue.

So I had to hunt down a CD player in the house to "read" tonight. Just so you know, not only can I drive and "read" at the same time, I can also blog and "read" simultaneously.

I am sure my extraordinary talents have left you speechless.

I'll let you recover and I'll get back to you.

No comments: