Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Mission

I haven't heard too many reports on how the opening weekend of deer hunting went, but apparently they got them all. I didn't see a single deer on the road, ditch or nearby fields on my way to and from work. And that's a first in quite some time.

Hope that means it was good for the hunters. Or that they at least scared the deer deep, deep into the wild -- as far away from the roads as possible. That's just a bonus for us drivers if it lasts all hunting season. Not that I am commuting much this week.

We get Wednesday afternoon plus all of Thanksgiving and Friday off as company holidays. It sounds good -- except the part where you are squeezing 5 days of work into 2.5. Or in my case, 2 (if I'm lucky).

I was on a mission today. Well, actually starting last week, trying to get things done ahead so I can enjoy all of Wednesday off, not just a half day. Since our almost-weekly magazine will have a rare Monday off next week, I am hoping to make it a 5-day weekend.

My mission, though, if I choose to accept it, will involve wrapping up a whole lot of details and projects tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I will have to work from home Wednesday morning to finish up. But I do not plan to spend two hours driving for a four-hour shift.

So I should probably get to bed early, go in early and stay until my impossible mission is accomplished.

Just knowing there is pumpkin pie at the end of the tunnel is pretty good incentive. Throw in family time and some Christmas cookies, too, and we are on a mission to complete this mission!

It's go time!

No comments: