Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hallmark Moment

I had a 7-hour Hallmark moment today.

That's how long I had the house to myself. With the cat, of course. Hubby was off to take son #1 Christmas shopping in Eau Claire. And Carter was off to a friend's house and a first visit to a shooting range. (His buddy will be deer hunting next week.)

So what's a woman to do with her own time??

I can sum it up nicely: 1 hour of cleaning, 6 dozen Christmas cookies baked and 3 (yes 3) Hallmark holiday movies!


Yup. That's pretty much how my TV screen looked all day! After I was cleaning and finishing up my Cookie Bake goodies, I also squeezed in a trip to the grocery store, too. Oh, and did some laundry. So I wasn't completely lazy, just a merry multi-tasker!

I didn't expect Carter to be gone all day, but since he was, I just kept my butt planted on the couch. It was raining all day anyway so I was not about to go for a walk or run.

Carter had fun with his friend and also enjoyed the shooting range. He brought home a surprise for me since Dad gave him 10 bucks when he dropped him off this morning.

Nice coffee mug, huh? I don't know what was started today, but he's already talking about hunter safety and deer hunting in 2014. Does he know that you can't kill a deer with a coffee mug? Or that kind of gun? Yikes. This will be interesting.

I'll see if he changes his mind before I'm done watching Hallmark movies.

And that'll be awhile.


No comments: