Friday, November 1, 2013

Where to Start...

In my book, November is Gratitude Month. Thanksgiving should not be the only day we give thanks, should it?

I challenge each of you to take a moment each day and find something for which you are grateful. It can be big or small or serious or silly. Just pause and thank God for it. Then, if you feel like it, share it with others -- especially those who give you that attitude of gratitude.

Today I whipped together a little GRATITUDE collage of some of the first people who came to mind...

It's a mix of family mostly and some longtime friends. If you are not pictured, please don't take offense. I grabbed whatever photos I had handy.

If I had a wall size to deal with it, I could fit even more family on both sides, my awesome Assumption family (Brenda-squared and more), my church friends and running friends and work friends and scrapbooking friends and golfing friends and ... wow. I have like 30 things to be grateful for right there and it's only Day One. I better pace myself.

I think you get the idea.

Specifically today, on All Saints Day, I am grateful for time I was able to have with my dad -- and thankful there is more time yet with my mom.

I pray for the victims of the shooting at the Los Angeles Airport and so grateful, by the grace of God, it happened hours AFTER my sister and brother-in-law flew out of there to Hawaii.

I am thankful that our love as a family can be readily seen by others. The photographer for the church picture session tonight says, "You guys are fun." Yup. We do have a good time.

I think I am grateful that Carter -- officially 15 1/2 years old today -- aced his tests at the DMV and got his temporary driving permit. Yikes!

Right now, I am thankful that as soon as I sign off, hubby and I have a movie date! We're seeing Last Vegas and expect to have some good belly laughs... and a belly full of scrumptiously buttered movie theater popcorn.

Good night. And thank YOU for reading!


No comments: