Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Home Office

When I agreed to serve on a committee at church last January, I was pretty sure I could handle the commitment since this particular group only meets 4-6 times per year.

Then I found out their meetings are at 11:30 a.m. on a weekday. Was I the only working, non-retired one in the bunch??

Turns out there are at least two others working full time who work near enough to our church they can just use our typically short meeting as their lunch hour. I decided to do the same.

I am so grateful I work for a company that allows me to work from the home office as needed. Typically, I try to one day a week just to save on gas. And in the winter, well, that could jump to a few days a week now that this winter driving chicken has lost her chauffeur.

It's not a vacation day to work at home. Though I envision it like this photo! I can dial into my computer at work and basically pretend I am right there... without the candy dish or funny comments from co-workers. Well, now I actually do have a "co-worker" in the office next door. We actually didn't really talk today, though. Business is booming for hubby's new job so he is plenty busy. That's a good thing.

I worked in the a.m., went to the committee meeting, which was a half hour, then stopped at the library a half-block away from there to return my audio book and check out a few new ones. Then back home to work until Carter called later from school.

He got some drive time today, driving us home from school with a stop in the bank drive-thru (with no dents or scratches to show for it), then picking up Dad and taking us all out for pizza at Polito's. He drove home, too, to get a taste of night driving. Can't really avoid that now that it's dark at 5 p.m.

Tonight, we had company for a bit and now I am going to watch The Voice. I have spent enough time on the computer today and not nearly enough time in the "hammock."

Though, with wake-up temps at 15 degrees, I would have passed on that opportunity today anyway.

Too hard to concentrate, you know?


No comments: