Saturday, November 9, 2013

Family Matters

If there is one thing I've learned since losing my dad, it's to treasure the loved ones I still have here with me.

Especially my other "dad."

Today is my father-in-law's birthday. We had a party this afternoon and evening at Jim's parents' house to not only celebrate his dad's birthday but son Clay's recent 21st birthday, too.

The birthdays themselves were not necessarily milestones, well 21 is, but the event itself was.

In my mind.

One, it was good to spend time with my other dad. And two, I hadn't seen Clay in almost 2 years and it was just so good to be together as a family again. Just good to hear his voice. Just good to see those dimples again in person.

It was a like a birthday present for all of us.

Family matters. A lot.

And I'm grateful for each and every member of both of mine.


No comments: