Saturday, May 10, 2014

Finally.... Hello, Spring!

Just in time for Mother's Day, Mother Nature delivers a beautiful gift: A gorgeous Spring day!

For once I am NOT being sarcastic! Our high reached 72 degrees, the warmest day of 2014. Geez. Mother Nature sure was slow on the delivery, but we'll take it. Especially since it was a day at the ball park.

We had a double-header in Stevens Point against Pacelli. The first game started at 10 a.m. and since there was a cool breeze coming off the river, I was glad I wore jeans and a sweatshirt. I actually had the audacity to pick on some of the other moms wearing capri pants and flip-flops.

I would eat my words later.

My first concern was Carter, who allegedly had such a sore neck that he couldn't play. I say "allegedly" because as he sat on the bench, one of the female managers was massaging his neck.

Injured? Or well played? You decide.

After the first game, which we lost, he did rouse himself off the bench for some playing time.


He didn't do anything too impressive, thankfully, since my camera batteries died. Oh wait, that's the scrapbooking mom talking. The team mom meant to say, unfortunately, he didn't score any runs today!

Despite two losses, we sat there soaking up the sun to the point it actually was getting pretty hot in long pants. I ditched the sweatshirt early on and rolled up my sleeves for some sun. I swore to myself when we were wearing winter hats last Saturday that I would never complain about the heat! So I am not complaining, just noting for the record books that I was wrong to laugh at the capri-flip-flop moms.

Very wrong.

After our two losses, we headed back to Rapids with a pit stop at King Cone. Come on, it IS Mother's Day WEEKEND, after all!

When we got back to town, we caught the end of our Assumption girls softball tourney, then headed home. I loaded up the CRV with leftover garage sale items and dropped them off at a fellow German host home for a fundraising garage sale next weekend. (If you are attending the Port Edwards Villagewide Sale, take Ver Bunker Avenue east to Westport Drive and support our 2015 trip!)

Came home and did my Saturday chores on Saturday for a change, mainly because I do not want to clean on Mother's Day. Ha. Tonight, I told Carter I am going to relax and catch up on some TV I have DVR'd. Without missing a beat, he says, "Mom, I don't think Hallmark shows Christmas movies in May."

At least he knows what makes Mom happy... sunshine, ice cream and Hallmark!


No comments: