Sunday, May 18, 2014

Royal Treatment

One look at the picture and I'm pretty sure you know how I spent my day! As much as I could, anyway.

After two nearly sleepless nights, I went to bed last night and did not set an alarm. Turns out, this ol' bag needed just about 12 hours of sleep to recover. Whoa. That is unheard of for me. But it sure was refreshing for my body and soul.

Today was Assumption's annual big fundraiser called the Royal Event. You get the royal treatment there. Just buy as many food and drink tickets as you can and they'll feed you. Just try to make a decision on what to eat. It was all good. Hubby had some cabbage roll type thing and a fajita. Carter and I both savored our pulled pork sandwiches.

For dessert, well we supported our German booth with the black forest cherry cake (or something like that) and something that asted like meringue angel food cake with whipped cream and toffee bits on top. Was light as air so I assumed no calories and also got a piece of cheesecake to go!

Got home and paid my penance with a 3-mile run/walk. Then did a little landscaping-type work. Just a little. Then it was time for some deck chair action.

Was plenty cloudy but warmer than yesterday so I could put up with it. Enjoyed reading a book and smelling fresh-cut grass.

It was like the royal treatment... until I remembered I had to go grocery shopping and do some work indoors.

Good while it lasted. Thanks, Mother Nature!


No comments: