Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's Sun (for real) Day


It was a big day for kitty and me. I finally had a date with Mr. Deck Chair. And Sylvester spent quality time with just about every open window in the house.

Sure, it was only in the 50s. But compared to what we've had, it felt like summer! Well, at least spring finally.

It was our intention to sleep in today. I failed. Jim failed. Lukas failed. But oh, look at the Carter – he should get an award for his accomplishment... with a few points off for not making it past noon. Close. But not quite.

It wasn't an energy-filled day for any of us. I had a project to work on and both boys had homework that had to get done. After doing some grocery shopping, though, I knew I had to sit outside or I'd regret it the next time I'm wearing a winter hat at a baseball game.

Wow. It felt so good! I told Lukas to take a picture of the sun just to prove it DOES shine once in awhile in America.

I felt kind of bad they were stuck inside with their noses in books most of the day. But they are making up for it now. One more gathering for the German group and their hosts. They will actually get to enjoy some fun in the sun.

I might have to sneak back outside myself. A nice evening walk, anyone?


No comments: