Friday, May 23, 2014

Tables Turned


On the rare occasions I have a decent round of golf, I am dismayed the next time I hit the links that I can't shoot to save my life! How can this be? Where was the person who was putting for birdie last time? How can I be this inconsistent?

I guess the same could be said for any sport – individual or team. Tonight, for example, those of sitting on the bleachers in Auburndale were wondering where our team from last night was? That fired-up group that beat one of the best teams in our area.

They were there. It was same great guys. Just enough was different to result in an unfortunately different ending.

The tables were turned.


We were behind from the first inning. Down by one, then two then five suddenly. And more. It was not pretty. And while we rallied, down 11-3, we just couldn't make up the deficit with the time remaining. We ended up losing 11-6.

I still think we had some great at-bats. Just happened to hit the ball right to their team. We hopefully will stop doing that with the playoffs starting soon. Ha. If only strategizing was that easy! Just think of my golf game!

After our loss, we headed back to Rapids. Carter took the bus, of course, so hubby and I sneaked out for dinner at Ida's – a bar and grill in town that serves up only delicious food! Shhh. Don't tell Carter. He had to nuke his supper!

Now that we are home, the long weekend officially begins. Every minute of Saturday is already accounted for, but come Sunday, I might just turn the tables on the long winter and hang out with Mr. Deck Chair.... oops, I mean spring cleaning!

We'll see...


No comments: