Friday, May 16, 2014

May Day! May Day!

Technically, as I type this, we are closer to June than we are to April. Why is it, then, that we awoke to a white front yard (frost only, thankfully) and could practically see our breath at tonight's baseball game???

Grrrr, says the Mama Bear who obviously came out of hibernation too soon!

I took a half day off today so I could help set up this morning for our German trip fundraising garage sale down in Port Edwards. Plenty to do so that helped keep us moving and warm. Sun was out so that helped balance the chilling power of the wind.

A bit.

The important thing was that we had traffic. A buying traffic. Hopefully it was a good day today and tomorrow – the official "villagewide sale" day – will be, too! Every little bit helps.

I only helped there until 10:30 then headed home to get some work done before traveling up to Stevens Point to pick up t-shirts for tomorrow's scholarship fundraising 5K at the school. I have been helping my friend Christine (the main organizer) with this special event, designing the logo, posters, t-shirts, etc. We are hoping for a successful (and maybe spring-like?) day tomorrow!

After t-shirt duty, I hunkered down at the computer and got work done until 4:30, then headed into town for Carter's double-header baseball game against Pittsville. When gametime temp is 52 degrees and falling, you probably have an idea how we had to dress. AGAIN!


Ridiculous, right? I tried to put a springtime frame around the picture, but there is no denying it was a wintry setting at the ballpark. AGAIN! Winter coats, gloves, hats and blankets. AGAIN!

By the end of the second game (and second loss) we could just about see our breath. Wind was still blowing. Temps were still falling. And it is supposed to get down to 33 degrees tonight.

I realize it's not the first of May. But I feel like shouting: May Day! May Day!

Somebody save us from winter! Please!!

No comments: