Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blessing and a Curse

First the blessing...



Happy St. Patrick's Day! Or, as I like to call it, Shamrock Shake Day!

As of 7 p.m., I have managed to willpower myself away from all things minty. Of course, my thoughtful hubby (urged on by a fellow shopper at Wal-Mart who may or may not live nearby) brought home a bag of Hershey's Carrot Cake Kisses. That's right, another of my fave flaves.

I calculated it out and it seems like each Kiss is about 1.1 Weight Watcher Smart (or not Smart) Points. No need to ask how many points I racked up, just refer to the previous paragraph and marvel at my willpower... for most of the day.

Now the curse...

Typically there'd be nothing much to curse about on St. Patty's Day. Even for us non-Irish folk, it's still an excuse to wear some green, kiss the blarney stone and maybe engage in some shenanigans.

This year, though, it coincides with the official opener of March Madness. Or, as I like to call it, the Annual Throwing My Money Away Because My Bracket Stinks.

Granted, I wasn't going to do one since I don't work with the bracket master any more. But we decided to scan ours and email them to him and see if we can't win some gold at the end of the NCAA rainbow. Even though I filled mine out in record time to beat the 11 a.m. deadline, I would hazard a guess that that is the same amount of thought I probably put into it every year. Just willy-nilly picking random upsets and hoping for the best.

The first day and my bracket's starting to bust up already. I think I might need the luck of the Irish on my side, but I am sure the Irishmen living with me won't help. They want to beat me!

I might have to hunt down a few more blessings... Or those "Kiss Me, Even if I'm Not Irish" treats Jim brought home.

Something's gotta work for a girl from Luck!




No comments: