Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Skinny Snow Belt

Remember that line of 8-14 inches of snow that was supposed to hit central Wisconsin overnight? Well, within that snow belt was a skinny snow belt around Wisconsin Rapids that only got 5-8 inches.

So now are we supposed to be grateful, Mother Nature, that we did not get the foot of heavy, wet snow they got just to the north and south of us? I'm just not feeling the attitude of gratitude.



What I was grateful for was a ride to work from hubby, since the roads were sketchy at best this morning, and the sunshine that came later and melted it off any of the plowed surfaces. For the record, that includes our work parking lot and all roads leading home. Just not our driveway because who wants to shovel when it's Spring Break AND it should melt in a day or two.

That's the part I'm thankful for – not that we fell a few inches short of the preposterous prediction.

Some people had some fun with the sticky mess, making snowmen and other Spring Break Bizarro World photo ops. I tried to stay indoors. I am still battling The Crud, as I will appropriately call it, so don't want to make it worse. I am thankful we have tomorrow off as a holiday so I can get to bed soon and sleep as long as my body tells me it needs to. That will be past 7 a.m., that's for sure.

Hopefully, I will find my motivation to get things done with my free day. I have a feeling that it's buried under the snow and won't show itself quite yet. I guess that's what caffeine is for.

And 8 hours of hibernation. Let me know when winter is over.



No comments: