Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Who Nose


Kinda sad that my constant companions for the week are a tissue box and a bottle of "put me out of my misery" cold medicine. On a positive note, they may be working.

After my nose was running constantly at work yesterday, a friend gave me a box of Puffs with Aloe and Lotion. "Take it. It's yours. I don't want it back." I never realized how painful cheap tissues are on the nose after repeated, repeated, repeated use. Not that I am going to become a tissue diva, but I think I will keep a box of those Princess Puffs on hand for special occasions.

For now, I just carry the gift box with me. Everywhere.

The second part of this equation is my night-time relief. They now make NyQuil "severe". Frankly, if I ever need it, it IS because the conditions are severe. Last night I took a dose and managed to sleep with minimal coughing and nose blowing. Doesn't stop me from drooling, but that's not cold-related. I was just glad it worked.

Today was a hell day at work and I had to stay late to make progress on a big project. I said that no matter what I had to be home at 7 p.m. so I could take my NyQuil and be ready for bed and sleep at 9 p.m. It's all in the timing, isn't it?

Sure hope it's just as effective tonight.

Maybe by tomorrow night at this time, I won't need it. Who nose, er knows?

I will probably want to put myself out of misery of a different winter wonderland kind. Latest forecast is 14.1 inches. Gotta get that 0.1 in there to cover the spread.

Obviously, when I say I'd rather have the cold than the snow, you can see why. Even with this cold!


No comments: