Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring Training

I can't figure out if Mother Nature is training us how to welcome change in the weather – or how to cope with her mood swings. Either way, we still don't know what's going on in central Wisconsin.

It didn't start snowing – if you call it that – until midafternoon. They, as in the weather dudes, are still insisting we are right in that line to get at least a foot of snow. Apparently, it's going to happen while we're sleeping so we can have a nice spring surprise sprung on us when we awaken.

I joked with Carter that they already called off school. He's probably bummed it's spring break because they won't get a snow day out of this!


When I got home from work, Coach Austin had left the ESPN Classic station on so I could catch the end of Twins vs Cardinals World Series game from 1987.

Just in time to see Hrbek hit the crucial home run in Game 6. Whoo-hoo! Now I am in the mood for baseball season... and in the mood to wave my Homer Hanky. Will have to wait for Royals (Assumption, not KC) and Twins spring training to wrap up first.


Speaking of spring training, I think my mother is finally training us to give her what she wants. While she is the queen of snail mail, she is not the queen of subtle. I just giggled out loud when I read the note today that I am sure was mailed to all able-bodied sons-in-law and grandsons in advance of the birthday-Easter gathering Up North this weekend! I hope I don't wait until I'm 84 to finally tell people what I want. God bless her.

Hopefully whatever this spring-winter thing is will not hamper anyone's travel plans. I believe after the storm passes, we will have temps in the 40s so there will be nothing to stop the manual labor from hitting the road Saturday morning. 

Unless Mother Nature has another surprise up her sleeve. Let's not give her any ideas.






No comments: