Monday, March 14, 2016

DST Manic Monday

Anyone else suffering from the DSTs today? Otherwise known as the Daylight Saving Time hangover?

I don't understand how a one-hour change can make such a big difference, but every spring and fall I have the hardest time adjusting to losing or gaining those 60 little minutes.

It was definitely a manic Monday.

Even after 8 hours of sleep, I was like, "I'll take a caffeine drip to go, please." Thankfully I was busy enough at work that my mind had to stay awake. So I was up. Then, I had a post-work therapy session, make that massage therapy session, and that just about put me under. Went from there to kickboxing and I was a bit sluggish but got back up to speed by the end.

Took a shower when I got home and wanted to put jammies on but now it's still light out at 7 p.m. so I feel like I'd be breaking some kind of lounge wear etiquette rule. It's dark right now, at 9 p.m., so perhaps going to bed early is allowable.

No matter what, I know it usually take a few days to a week to recover from the time change. Good thing we have a slow week on our social calendar. I can transition from manic to my normal maniacal self in no time. Lucky you.



No comments: