Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring Fling

If you heard a strange noise at 3 p.m. today, that was Mr. Deck Chair yelling at the top of his lungs that I should come home, get him out of winter storage and have a spring fling.

Seriously, spring finally sprung today. Big time. Yesterday was nice enough, in the 50s, but today was really nice. The kind of "if I go outside I won't want to come back into work" kind of nice.

At 2 p.m., it was 64 degrees. Well, I had to look it up after all water cooler talk! So I forced another co-worker to take a lap with me outside. Even without a coat, we were warm. The breeze was warm. We were about to break a sweat kind of warm. NICE!!

And we really didn't want to go back inside. But duty calls and, honestly, there should be another hundred days like this in 2016, right?

Today was also special because Brown-eyed Boy #1 turned 25!

Ahh, Casey James. The first born. The smart, funny and mature one. Well, smart and funny. Ha.


The sweetest big brother, too!

Where does the time go? I think about our baby graduating and I feel old. And Jim's first baby is a quarter-century already? I just say that to make myself sound younger. Glad we got to see him 2 weeks ago when the Austins got together for our pre-spring fling! We never really spend enough time with family, do we?

And I definitely don't spend enough time with Mr. Deck Chair! Don't think it's going to be as nice the rest of the week, but we'll get our fling in sometime, mister!




No comments: