Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Senior Moments :: Teacher Time



Since kindergarten, we have been blessed to attend Parent-Teacher Conferences and hear mostly good things about our boy. I say mostly because he had his "chatty" moments now and then, but apparently his charm ultimately ruled the day.

Tonight was our last time to hear, "Carter is a pleasure to have in class." Yup, another senior moment. The last P-T Conferences.

Since we both had crazy schedules today – hubby shuffling vehicles at the garage and my going to the Dells for a work meeting – I completely forgot about the conferences. When I got a pop-up reminder on my phone, I wondered why I even logged it in there on my calendar. He has less than 3 months of high school left. Do we need to go? Should we?

Jim and I decided to go and at least see a few teachers to thank them for putting up with Carter. To a person, they said they'd miss him. And we believe them!

What I have enjoyed about his education at both Grant Elementary School and at Assumption Middle and High Schools is that they were small enough that his teachers could really get to know him. Not just a name or number, but really know him. Never accidentally calling him Austin instead of Carter. Knowing both of his parents so they see he is a good mix of both Jim and me. Caring enough to want him to succeed and helping him do it.

I probably should have stuck with thank-you notes instead of hugs because those did me in. I had all I could do to hold it together! I'm really going to miss some of his teachers!

But then again. Most of them will still be around. Carter's the one leaving.

Not that I need another reminder. Insert sad face here.

We just feel blessed he gives his teachers and us reasons to miss him!

No comments: